Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photography

Brian's been making noises lately about "needing" a new camera. (Note to self, this must be where Sam learned to use the word "need".) I am having trouble being supportive of this need. His collection of camera equipement is already a) extensive and b) expensive. Does he really need another DSLR? Wouldn't life go on, just as it has, without the capacity to shoot HD video? The camera he has his eye on isn't available yet, so I have a temporary reprieve, but even so, I admit to a bad attitude about spending $2K for the latest version of what we already have.

Having said that, Brian was processing some pictures last night and had this to show me:

This shot completely captures my memory of our trip. I suspect I'll look at this picture again and again over the decades of my life and be transported back to a moment so flawlessly happy, it's almost a miracle.

Which makes me think I shouldn't interfere with Brian's pursuit of his photography hobby.

PS. In case it's not obvious, that blur in Sam's hands is a little wooden sword.

No comments: