Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cardiologist for a day (month)

This month, I'm on the cardiology service at our veterans' hospital. Among other things, the new rotation means WEEKENDS OFF. My first so-called "golden weekend" (known to non-residents by the common moniker, "weekend") was last week. Brian, Sam and I celebrated by spending the weekend at Lassen National Park. Despite a Bay Area heat wave earlier in the week, it actually snowed in Lassen over the weekend. Snow! In August! Even with the incement weather, we had a wonderful time. On Sunday we hiked to the top of the Lassen cinder cone for a view of the painted dunes and lava beds. It's quite a steep climb and poor Brian carried Sam on his shoulders the entire way. When we got to the top, Sammy announced, "I HIKED!" Um, sure, kid.

I'll post pictures of Sam "hiking" and "camping" (technically, a hotel, but what does he know?) when I can.

No comments: