Friday, October 31, 2008

Least worst

I'm crabby today. My kid is mildly sick -- just a runny nose, just sick enough to keep him home from day care, keep me home from work and keep us both completely crabby. And we canceled our Halloween plans in order to prevent spreading the baby germs to our friends' toddler son. And it's raining. And Brian took our shared car to his consulting gig.

Blech.

In order to cheer myself up, here's a list of 10 things I don't completely hate:

1. My new trench coat. Whereas I usually look like a rumpled and disheveled mother when Sam and I take our morning walk to Starbucks, today I looked like a rumpled and disheveled mother with a snazzy trench coat on. Vast improvement.
2. My housekeeper. She came yesterday, so today I may be trapped inside, but at least it's clean in here.
3. Baby saline nose drops. Utterly ineffectual, but they give me the illusion of doing something to help my son's stuffy nose.
4. My ridiculously flexible work schedule and absurdly supportive boss. Enough said.
5. The Grocery List Generator from Mozilla. Just discovered it this morning. Neat-o.
6. tinyprints.com. I'm having fun playing around with different photo Christmas cards. (Aside: what is it about becoming a parent that makes you suddenly want to send photo Christms cards?)
7. Martha Stewart's cookie cookbook. I think I'll make some of those chocolate chunk gingerbread cookies this afternoon. Cheeriness increasing all around.
8. Daydreaming about how wonderful it's going to be to have my parents, my in-laws, my sister, my brothers and my brother's girlfriend gathered in my home for Thanksgiving. Magic.
9. Lentil soup and crusty bread for dinner. (Maybe a rainy fall day is good for something after all.)
10. Ombligo. Probably the only face that can reliably make Sam smile, even when he's sick. God save us if anything were to happen to him.



Feeling better already. :)

2 comments:

lissawi said...

Your list made me laugh so hard. Too true! I'd love to see the trench coat!

Emily2651 said...

(Nice to see you "found" me. :))

The trench is a Burberry knockoff from Banana Republic ... makes even my slouchiest jeans/sweater/boots uniform look chic-er. :)