Saturday, June 27, 2009

Off to a slow start

Well, I've been a resident for four days now, and so far, it's been a breeze. I started on geriatrics, which is a soft landing to say the least. All outpatient, no real call, Fridays and weekends off. On my very first day as a doctor, I saw a total of two patients, both in erectile dysfunction clinic. (Oh, the jokes. So many jokes.) In an odd example of life imitating my nightmares, both patients asked me how long I've been a doctor. I figured, they had already opened up to me about much more intimate matters. Plus, they weren't wearing pants. So, I came clean: "Today's my first day!" Juuuuust what they wanted to hear.

On the upside, I never have to say that again.

I was also "on call" over the weekend for the skilled nursing facility associated with our university hospital. I got called exactly once, for a very trivial matter which I knew how to resolve. Weirdness. And the nurse on the phone kept calling me doctor. More weirdness.

To round out this useless post, here's a video of Sam eating a popsicle. I love summer.


1 comment:

McChen said...

funny... that's exactly how i eat popsicles...