Saturday, March 6, 2010

New brother

Last weekend, my sister and her boyfriend became engaged. Nick blessed our whole family by inviting us to witness and participate in their engagement. We gathered at a vineyard in Napa, watched him kneel on one knee, and then celebrated all together over a gorgeous meal with an even more gorgeous wine pairing.

As it happens, I was the one who introduced Alison and Nick. It seems like forever ago -- six years! -- that I sent Alison an email telling her about a single classmate of mine. At the time, I didn't expect them to be a match, which just goes to show what I know. After watching them grow together these past six years, I couldn't be happier for them, or for the rest of us. I feel so blessed to be gaining such a wonderful new brother. Congratulations, you two. I love you both so much!

PS. Brian took some really lovely pictures of the occasion. My favorite few are below; many more are here.














1 comment:

lissawi said...

Congratulations to Allison! She looks just radiant! What a beautiful setting and what a gorgeous ring!