Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The thrill of victory

Lately, I've had a few triumphs, large and small:

1. Today I got my eyebrows waxed while sitting up, with my kid still strapped into his Ergo carrier. Begone, frumpy mom-ness!
2. Last week, I interviewed at Stanford for a spot in their internal medicine residency program, and it went very well. In terms of its philosophy, the program is a perfect match for me and my interview day deepened my already deep sense that Stanford is my intellectual home. I've been here so long, I almost feel as though the institution has remade me in its image. I fit here, and it's a lovely, comfortable feeling.
3. I mailed my last Christmas card yesterday.

I'll leave you to discern which triumphs are the large ones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As someone whose reading skills leave much to be desired, I'd like to see more pictures. In particular, I'd like to see more pictures of Sam. Could you please post more pictures of him?

Unknown said...

By the way, that last comment from "Saveliev" is actually from Matt (Teena's special gentleman). I don't know what the deal with my alias is - something about me not knowing how to use gmail. Teena suggests that it may be the identity I use to correspond with my many mistresses. I guess that's the most likely explanation. In any event, I'd like to see more pictures of Sam. Teena's wishes are in accord with mine on this issue.