Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Resolved

Even though we're well into the new year, I'm still formulating my resolutions. In the past, my strategy has been to undertake very small resolutions: one year, I resolved to stop losing my keys (success!) and another year, I resolved to start drinking V8 (failure). This year, I'm inclined to take the same approach and a number of potential resolutions present themselves. I could resolve to improve my skin care routine (eye cream! facials!), for example. Or organize my spices, once and for all (IKEA!). On the other hand, this year is ripe for a grandiose resolution. I'm flabbier and more deconditioned than ever before in my adult life. A modicum of financial self-control over the next year will help us pay off my medical school debt and save a down payment for a house. As I get busier, efficiency and organization in pretty much any aspect of my life will be a real help. And I'm very worried that I won't adequately nurture my husband and son, not to mention friends and family, as internship revs up.

I think I'm going with the facials.

PS. Tomorrow we three fly to Boston. Apparently, the high on Thursday is supposed to be 12 degrees. I'm fairly certain that's colder than I've ever experienced.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Welcome to my life. My poor, spoiled Santa Barbara blood has been freezing. (Actually, being pregnant means I haven't been cold yet. But in a few days I imagine I'm gonna start feeling it.)